Hello Foodie, are you looking for a delicious breakfast recipe that is easy to make and perfect for a lazy Sunday morning? Look no further than this Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffin recipe! These muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with a crunchy streusel topping that will have you coming back for seconds.
To make these muffins, you will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Follow these simple steps to make your own Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of flour. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- In another small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon to make the streusel topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you want to switch things up, try these variations:
- Substitute the blueberries with raspberries or blackberries.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to the batter for a citrusy twist.
- Swap out the cinnamon in the streusel topping for nutmeg or cardamom.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of this recipe:
- Be sure to mix the batter gently, so you don’t overwork it. Overworked batter can lead to tough muffins.
- If your blueberries are on the larger side, you may want to cut them in half before adding them to the batter.
- Don’t skip the step of tossing the blueberries in flour. This will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins while baking.
- Feel free to double the streusel topping if you’re a fan of extra crunch!
The Perfect Breakfast Treat
Are you ready to elevate your breakfast game? These Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins are the perfect treat to start your day off right. The aroma of freshly baked muffins wafting through your kitchen is enough to make anyone’s mouth water. These muffins are not only delicious but also incredibly versatile. They can be enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee or tea, shared with friends and family, or even taken on the go for a quick and satisfying snack. Let’s dive deeper into why these muffins are a must-try.
A Burst of Blueberry Flavor
One bite into these muffins, and you’ll experience a burst of juicy blueberries in every bite. Fresh blueberries are the star ingredient of this recipe, and they bring a natural sweetness and vibrant color to the muffins. As you take a bite, the blueberries release their tart and sweet flavors, creating a delightful contrast with the soft and moist muffin base. It’s like a burst of sunshine in every mouthful.
The Crunchy Streusel Topping
What sets these muffins apart is the irresistible streusel topping. It adds a delightful crunch and an extra layer of flavor to the muffins. Made with a simple combination of flour, sugar, melted butter, and a hint of cinnamon, the streusel topping forms a golden crust on top of the muffins as they bake. With its crumbly texture and sweet cinnamon aroma, the streusel topping takes these blueberry muffins to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Simple Steps for Success
Even if you’re a novice baker, you can confidently whip up a batch of these muffins. The recipe is straightforward and requires only a few basic ingredients. Mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately before combining them ensures a uniform and well-incorporated batter. Tossing the blueberries in flour helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins during baking, ensuring an even distribution of berries throughout.
Once the muffins are in the oven, your kitchen will be filled with the tantalizing aroma of warm blueberries and cinnamon. The muffins will rise beautifully and turn a lovely golden brown. To check if they’re done, simply insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it, your muffins are ready to be devoured.
Endless Variations to Explore
While these Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins are divine as they are, don’t hesitate to put your own twist on the recipe. Here are a few variations to consider:
- Switch out the blueberries with other berries like raspberries or blackberries for a different flavor profile.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the batter to impart a subtle citrusy note.
- Experiment with different spices in the streusel topping, such as nutmeg or cardamom, for a unique and aromatic touch.
Feel free to unleash your creativity and make these muffins your own. The possibilities are endless!
Tips for Baking Success
Here are a few tips to help you achieve muffin perfection:
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter to avoid crushing them and turning the batter purple. You want to preserve the whole blueberries for that juicy burst.
- If you’re using frozen blueberries, be sure to thaw and drain them well before incorporating them into the batter. Excess moisture from frozen berries can affect the texture of the muffins.
- For an extra touch of decadence, consider adding a drizzle of glaze on top of the muffins once they have cooled. A simple glaze made with powdered sugar and a splash of lemon juice or milk can take these muffins to the next level.
Goodbye for Now!
It’s time to bid farewell, Foodie! We hope this Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffin recipe has inspired you to embark on a delicious baking adventure. Whether you enjoy these muffins for breakfast, brunch, or anytime you crave a sweet treat, they are sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to indulge in the perfect balance of blueberries, streusel, and muffin goodness. Until next time, happy baking!